Thursday 26 May 2011

ZBrush Work


Zbrush has taken me alot longer than i anticipated to get to grips with. This is mostly because of the interface and it being a completely new way for me to create 3D art. Once i got the hang of the basics, it made the process a bit easier but still took alot of time and effort to get this outcome. Initially i was using an optical mouse to sculpt which really wasnt the best option. I moved onto a digital tablet and it made the work flow much faster.

The main issue that made Zbrush slow for me was because i didn't know all the tools that well that are in the program. ZBrush has so many different options and tools to optimise the speed at which you sculpt but i didnt really know any of them and for the time it was taking me already, to take even more time out to learn the program even more was unjustifiable.

Overall the ZBrush sculpt took me 50 hours over 6 days which is far too long to conform to professional work, but has helped improve my skill base set as i now have a much better understanding of what can and cant be sculpted with the geometry in the base mesh. The next step is baking the high poly to the low poly and again this is a new process for me so im expecting it to take me a day or 2 to complete this.

No comments:

Post a Comment